Wednesday 19 January 2011

Book Review

The Hunger Games - Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins.

After waiting impatiently for the last month for my copy of The Mockingjay to finally arrive at the library (Yes I could have brought it from the book store, but that would be going against all principles of supporting my local library!) I finally got it and found myself doing a little crazy dance and letting out an ecstatic cheer. That was on Friday, and for the next few days I was consumed by my book, neglecting everyone and everything while I was immersed in the world of Panem. I can't say a bad word about this book and although it wasn't the ending I expected this wasn't a bad thing, actually it was quite refreshing that the book didn't have a predictable end and that it kept the plot twists going right into the last chapters never allowing you to guess what was going to happen next.
In this book you are introduced to the lost district, 13. Here the true rebellion and war against the Capitol begins. What I loved about the way Suzanne Collins has written her books is there is nothing cliche or stereotypical about her villains and heroes. Here is district 13 you are left questioning if these people are truly the goods guys, or if there are any good guys in world at all? Also, that dislike and hate you hold against the people of the Capitol melts slightly into pity as you start to see how naive and affected by the Capitol they are. Again like the last two books this story didn't disappoint and kept your heart racing and your mind guessing.
Having finished the series now I'm a little sad, but hey they say you should always leave your audience wanting more, and I defiantly want more of these books!

5 OUT OF 5 STARS!

1 comment:

  1. I've only read the first two because Mockingjay hasn't come in yet! PLEASE COME IN SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON!!!!!!!!! :( xx :p xx

    ReplyDelete

Due to the junior nature of this blog comments are screened before being posted.