Friday 21 January 2011

Book Review

The Medusa Project by Sophie McKenzie


Just finished the Medusa project: the set-up. I thought it was an enjoyable story that would appeal to young teens. The characters are likable and kids the same age will relate to them easy. Nico is the main character in the book and narrator of the story. We follow Nico on his journey as he discovers his power and learns how to harness and use it. Overall I found the story line to be predictable and although it was entertaining I wasn't gripped by the obvious plot and thought is was a forgettable read. Some people might think I am being harsh in my critic and they may be right as I am older the the books target audience. However, I read allot of junior fiction and comparing to other books for teens I feel this story played it safe the whole way through in every way. This was the first book in the Medusa series but I wont be rushing out to get the next title.

I give this book 2 1/2 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to the junior nature of this blog comments are screened before being posted.